Elder: Doug Stover
Gaston Community Church provides financial support to:
Lumiere Medical Ministries ( http://www.lumiereministries.com/ ) -
is based in Gastonia and has helped for many years with healthcare and educational needs of the underserved in Haiti.
Young Life ( http://www.younglife.org/us )
- brings the good news of Jesus Christ into the lives of adolescents with an approach that is respectful of who kids are and hopeful about who they can be.
- In Gastonia - we provide help to the Young Life leaders within our church
- In Nicaragua - we provide support for the Young Life ministry based there organized by Pratt and Ashley Butler
Crisis Pregnancy Center ( http://www.cpcgaston.org/ )
- provides the following services to women, men, and families affected by crisis pregnancy situations, with the hope of changing lives:
- Pregnancy Counseling
- Abstinence Education
- Limited Ultrasounds and Various Other Medical Services
- Adolescent Parenting Programs
- Post Abortion Counseling
The Shelter of Gaston County ( http://www.co.gaston.nc.us/shelter/index.htm )
- provides a safe, emergency residence where victims can live in times of crisis. The services they offer include counseling, court advocacy, information and referral, direct services, support group meetings for women and children, a children's program, transportation to appointments, and a strong support system through the Shelter Staff.
With Friends, Inc. ( http://www.withfriendsyouthshelter.org/ )
– their mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of young people ages 7 - 21 who are homeless, transient, at-risk, disadvantaged, or in crisis.
Individuals or Families in Need - Individuals or families brought to our attention who are in need. Assistance is provided whether they are within our congregation or not.